Job Title: Application Architect
Reporting to: Senior Architect
Location: Reading, Berkshire, UK
Type (Full/Part time): Permanent Full Time
Autino’s software products are redefining the automotive consumer experience in a transformative and critical time for the industry, with the rise of mobility services, OEM and sales models, electrification and the consumer revolution.
Each product platform leverages a multitude of technologies requiring a multi-channel development pipeline, with the company in the latter stages of large external blue chip investment.
We’re looking for an experienced architect to join our development team at an extremely exciting time of company growth to support our current product architecture whilst providing ideas and strategies for the improvement and longevity of our applications.
- Define and implement application architecture for diverse business processes, projects, and function
- Develop software solutions and strategy to meet the architectural goals and needs of a client
- Liaise with programmers and software development team to design and implement an architectural system
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Help develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Help define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Ensure proper documentation of software design and developing processes to produce appropriate procedures for application use
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Design the interface between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems
- Provide technical support and training of an organization’s IT personnel to ensure high level of business performance
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage
- Upgrade architectural systems and software life cycle to ensure improved processes
- Design applications according to specific architectural design to improve overall system performance
- Agile or Kanban methodology.
- Solid familiarity with at least one Relational or NoSQL database technology.
- Familiarity with at least one messaging technology. Experience using existing libraries, frameworks, and RESTful APIs to create complex applications
- 3+ years of working with Microservices architecture.
- Strong fundamental quality driven software engineering skills.
- Consultative approach to influencing the team and client direction.
- Demonstrable fluency of best practice in Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD, CI and CD.
- A rich breadth of experience in testing web, API and mobile fundamentals.
- Thought Leadership (Best practice, reviews, vision) in a Software team delivering to external clients. Solid client stakeholder management experience.
- Experienced in producing written documentation using MS Word and Powerpoint And visualising technical designs through appropriate diagrams (Flowcharts, class diagrams, deployment diagrams etc)
- Problem-solving Skills: Candidates should be able to identify and develop architectural systems that meet the needs of clients
- Communication Skills: Candidates should be able to communicate with clients to identify their architectural needs and requirements
- Analytical Skills: Candidates should be well versed in conducting system analysis to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage.
- Fluent in C# and .Net Stack
- Azure experience
- Ability to synthesize information and efficiently produce, update, and maintain sections of knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to teach, coach and mentor on technical topics and best practice
- Confident presenting to audiences, both internally and externally
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- TOGAF architecture methodology experience
- Technical degree (computing, software or engineering)
- Fluent in written and spoken English