Job Title: Product Manager
Reporting to: Head of Product
Location: Autino, Reading
Type (Full/Part time): Full Time
Work as a Product Manager in a product management team within a company producing software solutions for the automotive industry.
- Set the strategic context for the Autino products and develop new product ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with our customers and representatives from relevant market sectors
- Create internal buy-in for the product vision and implement product strategies for the Autino products aligned to the company objectives
- Own the product roadmap for the designated Autino products with a focus on customer expectation as well as market research, competitive analysis and benchmarking to help define new functions and features
- Identify and qualify new markets and new market opportunities and develop new product roadmaps to address their needs
- Identify and cultivate appropriate potential new partners that can best complement Autino’s business and ensure future growth
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Validate product requirements and specifications in collaboration with colleagues, customers and other partners
- Define and manage vehicles for collecting customer feedback
- Gather data on new product ideas and evaluate them for strategic, financial and market potential
- Work with product development on new products and current product enhancements ensuring achievement of business objectives
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements using high-level wireframes, flow diagrams and clear and consistent product requirements
- Play a lead role in the product lifecycle by prioritising requirements, participating in product and development meetings and taking the product/project/features to market launch
- Support product development in resolving functional questions throughout the development effort
- Lead introduction of products into new and existing markets
- In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, develop and implement pricing strategies, core product messaging and positioning, and programs supporting the global customer base
- Work with and train the Marketing and Sales teams to drive the development of product collateral, demos and training courses for product launches/product line enhancements.
- Provide product life-cycle management for the product portfolio, to deliver the successful management of products against approved business plans
- Measure product performance against agreed metrics
- Analyse and report on the performance of features in production, reflecting on successes and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- Lead the cross-functional product team – consisting of Software Development, Projects, Marketing, Pre-Sales, Sales and ensure whole-product readiness.
- Provide best practice leadership in Product Management helping to promote and engender good product development and disciplines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Proven strategic and commercial experience in a product management / product development role with a forward-thinking technology company
- Proven track record of successful new product development using formal methodologies working with an Agile Technology Team, preferably using Scrum
- Experience of developing and implementing go to market strategies for software products
- Experience of strongly influencing product strategy
- Ability to continuously prioritise development based on business value
- Ability to create and foster consensus from the whole business for a coherent product vision that helps align sales, development, delivery and service teams
- Experience of the Automotive industry and the use of technology and processes
- Sound understanding of the principles of modern technology stacks, application development methodologies and hosting
- Experience of SaaS and web based technology solutions and their benefits
- Software product internationalisation
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred